Ellenville offers a few restaurants for dining out options:
- Aroma Thyme Bistro: The closest option for fine dining is the Aroma Thyme Bistro in downtown Ellenville. Serving everything from vegan hot pots to 50 oz. cowboy steaks, Aroma Thyme has a warm ambiance, a stocked bar, and live music.
- Gaby's Cafe: Also in downtown Ellenville, Gaby's Mexican Cafe is a new local favorite, with fresh guacamole, frozen margaritas, and outdoor tables. Wednesday night and some weekends there is live music.
- The Publik House : A family-oriented pub experience in the heart of Ellenville. Built by the community, for the community.
About fifteen minutes away:
- Oscar's: 5945 Route 44/55 - map Kerhonkson, NY 12446 845.626.9838 Offering contemporary country cooking, a comfortable restaurant and bar in a country setting. Has a cozy fireplace lounge and a library, as well as a pool table, pinball, and Ms. Pacman. Open for brunch Saturday and Sunday from 10am - 2pm. Dinner is Friday to Tuesday, 5pm - 11pm.
Over the mountain:
- Mountain Brauhaus: Gardiner, NY 12525 (845) 255-9766. Open Wednesday - Saturday 11:30 am till 9:00 pm Sundays 11:30 am - 8:30 pm. Close to hiking at Minnewaska and Mohonk preserves. Entrees include sauerbrauten, shnitzel, bratwurst.
- The Gilded Otter: In New Paltz brews awesome fermented beverages, (beer), and has a great Friday Happy Hour vibe. Try their Three Pines India Pale Ale (my favorite), Huguenot St. American Lager, Dusseldorf Altbier, New Paltz Crimson Lager, Rail Trail Pale Ale, or Hefeweizen.
Through the woods:
- DuPuy Canal House: In High Falls Chef Novi restored the Canal House 30 years ago from a stone tavern built in 1797. He incorporates traditional foods and flavors in traditional and non-traditional concepts.
- High Falls Cafe: For great food, great music and great times, try to High Falls Cafe. Tuesday-Friday lunch at 11:30am and dinner (until 10pm Tues. & Wed. until 11pm Thurs., Fri. & Sat.) Check their calendar for live music events.
- Savona's: If you feel like venturing to Kingston, try the Broadway waterfront. Savona's Trattoria is a casual styled Italian Restaurant, Housed on the Historic Kingston Waterfront in a former Opera House that dates back to the 1800's. We love Savona's for their pizzas and outdoor dining.
- Rosendale Cafe: Offers some of the best vegetarian food and performing artists in the Hudson Valley. Weekend concerts feature singer-songwriters, jazz, blues, world, and experimental.
- Red Brick Tavern: 388 Main Street (Route 213) Rosendale, NY 12472 offers hearty portions of goooood bar food.
- MaMA's Cafe: Right on Main Street in Stone Ridge find organic coffees & teas and vegetarian soups, fresh juices and more.