Food Stores and Farm Stands
Emerald Forest Bungalows is about 10 minutes from two grocery stores, Peters' Market & Shoprite.
- To get to the ShopRite supermarket you would turn right out of the bungalows' driveway,make your first left about .4 miles down the road onto Irish Cape Road which brings you to Route 209. Cross 209 and loop behind Country Flowers (also a fun stop, if you want to plant something) in front of the Ellenville airport and into the ShopRite plaza. ShopRite has some organic products right near the entrance, a fairly large cheese selection and is a full service supermarket.
- If you prefer a smaller shop, try Peters' Market. From that intersection of 209 and Irish Cape Road, you would turn left. Peters' is the first market you can see on your left in front of the cornfield. Peters' always has some organic produce, Woodstock Farms dried fruits and nuts, local eggs, Murray's organic chicken, and most everything you would need.
Barthel's Farm Market:
- For a fun local farm stand experience, try Barthel's. They have a nice selection of locally grown vegetables, fruits and herbs, as well as local honey and preserves. In the fall they make a very good old fashioned cider. Christmas trees and wreaths. April-December, 8:00AM-6:00PM. From the Irish Cape/209 intersection, take a right on 209 towards Ellenville and Barthel's will be just past the ShopRite plaza. Conveniently located next to an ice cream stand.
- 6611 Route 209, Kerhonkson, NY 12446 Map it. Phone: 845 626-2090 Email:
U-Pick pumpkins. Family farm specializing in all varieties of
vegetables and fruits, herbs and flowers. Hayrides in the fall. Cider,
local apples and pears available in the fall.
Kelder's Farm Market:
- Website: www.kelderfarm.com
U-Pick Fruits and Vegetables. Farm market, greenhouse, petting zoo,
field trips, school tours, corn maze, mini golf. Open daily,
mid-April-December, 10:00AM-6:00PM. Handicapped Accessible. About 20 minutes from the Emerald Forest.
- Website: www.westwindorchard.com 215 Lower Whitfield Road, Accord, NY 12404 Map it. Phone: 845 626-0659 U-Pick
apples at this certified naturally grown apple orchard. Also offer
honey, maple syrup, organic tomatos and more. Open weekends,
September-October, 10:00AM-6:00PM. Handicapped Accessible. About 30 minutes from the Emerald Forest.